Special Education Request for Proposals
Request for Vendor Proposals
Mount Abraham Unified School District (MAUSD) is requesting proposals from vendors to provide contracted services in the areas below for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Independent psychoeducational evaluations
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Intensive behavior support services
- Medicaid and IEP management systems
- Speech and language therapy services
- Deaf and hard of hearing services
Period of Contract: MAUSD will enter into written agreements through a Memorandum of Understanding from a qualified vendor for the period of July 2020 through June 30, 2021.
Proposal Acceptance Period: Proposals must be received by 4PM on or before July 17, 2020.
Service proposals must be mailed or delivered to Susan Bruhl, Director of Student Support Services, MAUSD, 72 Munsill Ave, Suite 601, Bristol, VT 05443 no later than July 17, 2020.
MAUSD is seeking proposals from qualified vendors for instructional services. Vendor selection will consider the following: price, expertise, availability, reputation, sole source, resources provided and follow up capability.
- Description of services available to the district
- Rates including details of hourly rate for the direct services, consultations, indirect services (e.g., report writing) and any additional charges (e.g., mileage).
- Description of services, if applicable, for staff training including the number of available training per the contract timeline, duration, number of participants, and costs per training session.
- Assurance that the level and extent of services for each student must be approved by the LEA (or designee) prior to commencing any services.
- Assurance that all direct student services, if applicable, must be only as specialized as necessary to support improvement in goals directly related to the Vermont Early Learning Standards (EEE) or Common Core (students in grades K to 12).
- Description of indirect services (e.g., consultations, coaching, training), if applicable, and the supports through which these services 1) build capacity for services to be provided by MAUSD staff and 2) can occur in the least restrictive environment.
- Assurance that educational services will be determined by IEP teams and include the approval from the LEA.
- Assurance that the vendor is acting as an independent contractor, and therefore, as such, is responsible for own insurance coverage (liability, health, dental, workers compensation insurance, etc.) payroll tax matters and will receive compensated leave time.
- Assurance that the vendor complies with FERPA and HIPPA requirements.
- Assurance that the vendor selected to provide services for the school year can provide the following documents, if not already on file, for the district: acceptable criminal records check; proof of liability insurance; copy of current licensure and registration; and taxpayer identification number (IRS Form W-9).
For questions, please contact Rachel Cornellier at email@example.com or call (802) 453-6951.
Enter your text here...